While the CDC continues to advise against large gatherings, OSUMC allows small-group gatherings, with 10 households or no more than 25 total.
When meeting outdoors, particularly for children’s events, certain rules should be followed, including:
- Masks are worn
- People do not touch.
- Enough space is available for social distancing of six feet and the activity doesn’t require closer contact.
- Participants attempt to stay 6 feet distant from non-relatives.
- Food is not shared.
- If a ministry leader sees that a gathering will approach the 10/25 capacity, we strongly encourage a pre-sign up sheet to promote safety.
- As people sign-up, they need to affirm that they do not have Covid and have not been exposed to anyone with Covid in the last two weeks
When meeting indoors, additional rules apply, including:
- Masks are worn, unless the person is speaking into a microphone and distant from others.
- As people attend, they must sign-in and affirm that they do not have Covid and have not been exposed to anyone with Covid in the last two weeks
- Participants remain 8 feet apart.
- Gatherings must be scheduled on the church calendar 48 hours in advance, and are limited to one gathering a day in the same space. Ventilate the space by opening a door or window if possible.
- Groups do not exceed the maximum capacity of the room and clean after meeting.
If the entire group is vaccinated, they can follow CDC guidelines, which allow more flexibility in regard to masking. HOWEVER, the group still must adhere to size limits, advanced planning and sign up for contact tracing; submit information on attendees.
When gathering, please keep an attendance sheet (template linked here).